The Royal Hotel Tumut
The Royal Hotel was built in 1854.
A man named Henry Moon was responsible, selling his profitable flour mill, which he called ‘Star Flour’ and getting into the Hotel business with his sons.
He originally called the hotel “The Rising Moon” and joked that it was run by the Son, Moon and Stars.
Since that day there have been plenty more bad jokes told at the Royal, and to this day it remains an excellent choice for a quality feed, cold beer, good laugh or a bad punting tip.
Tumut’s Royal Hotel has seen many changes over the last 35 years including the construction of its budget motel separate from the hotel building. The open then closing of a small bottle shop at the rear of the block. The expansion of the retail floor to fit the current restaurant with the most significant change being a major renovation conducted in early 2000s to give the Royal its internal face lift.
Royal House Policy
Dress regulations apply.
Managment reserves the right to refuse entry when it deems necessary.
Best manners and temperance are expected at all times at the Royal, not only to our staff but also other patrons.
No hooting and hollering.
Any mistreating of the facility results in instant eviction and in some cases life bans.
Bookings do not guarantee entry. Late arrival of your guests due to licensing restrictions and guests approaching intoxication may be refused entry.It is up to management and staff on the night.
The Royal practices the responsible service of alcohol at all times.